Translate

Sunday, March 01, 2015

New Year, New Life, New Projects

Although it is already the beginning of March, It still feels like a new year. There are several projects that I have started and that I have promised myself I will finish this year.

Although I have a strong preference for Historical wargaming, I also enjoy Fantasy and Science Fiction wargaming and they have to compete for my painting and gaming time with all the other historical interests I have , so I decided that this year I was going to dedicate a bit more of my time to care, update and complete my Fantasy and Science Fiction collections.

Similarly, I want to finally this year complete at least the core of several historical projects that I really wanted to work on, and so I began at the beginning of the year by ordering and putting together the materials necessary to doing them.

In the first place I am working on expanding my French and Indian wars French in 28mm so I can use them not only with Muskets and Tomahawks but also with the new ruleset  Land of the Free, which I find not only interesting but nice in its relaxed approach without sacrificing the period feel. 

After my French are done, I have started a British AWI force that is assembled (perry 28mm) primed and set in popsicle sticks ready to paint. My intent was to use them for both FIW and AWI, but in all honesty, it kind of bothers me that they look out of period when I put them next to my French, so I decided I will do also FIW British courtesy of me becoming party of the Old glory army and the discount that it entails. My only concern is that the Brits might be a little smaller than my warlord French, if this is the case I might use the blue moon collection of the period. 
Evidently to complete the period (1750's-1810's) I need Continentals and Woodlands indians,  these I plan to complete with Wargames Factory miniatures, which in this range they are pretty nice for the price. 

The Next project I have embarked upon is putting together a core of Nationalists and republicans fighting the Spanish civil war. I plan to do this with Pendraken 10mm. I have ordered a few packs to try them out, will post more about that once I get them and confirm that this is the way I want to go.

Next on the List is also a 10mm Pendraken project, I will build the core of a French, Italian, Austrian, German and allies and Danish armies for the rules 1870, 1866, 1859 and Zouave II. I have been wanting to do this for the longest time, and although I consider this a long term project I wanted to start this year.

 Next is also another project that involve the 1660's-1720's period including the many wars that it encompasses. I do not know if I will use 10mm, or 28mm,  Pendraken, old glory, foundry, wargames factory or other miniatures. I want to build armies for the great norther war and  the wars of Louis XIV. I do not like the term Marlbourian wars as the English were not involved in all of these wars and it does not really cover the entire time period, and the term lace wars I just find silly so I guess I will refer to them as simply as 17th and early 18th century european wars. This is a LONG term project but I have ordered a few Pendraken figs in their great northern war range to see how they turn out. There are many really good rules sets for this period, in particular I like Maurice, Under the lily Banners and Age of Reason.

Finally I want to finish all my 15mm medieval, dark ages and classical armies for Art de la Guerre, as they have been sitting on my project table now for a very long time and there are quite a lot of them. I need to work on my Roman and Greek armies in 28mm that have been waiting for attention for a long time, and I have a ton  of stuff coming in from the By fire and the sword kickstarter, so this is the year that I have promised myself to finish all of them.

On the planing stages of course are my plans to complete a PHR army for Drop Zone Commander, refit and update my infinity, Anima tactics, and Eden forces, dust up an complete my Flames of war Strelkovy, perhaps add a section of Ghurkas and a Stuart to my Chindits, continue working on my 28mm medieval Arab armies, and of course give some long deserved TLC to my Lizardmen army, which for many reasons, mostly emotional attachment, they are my favorite miniatures army I posses. 

This is quite a lot I think, but we will see how much I can accomplish.




No comments: